Thursday, October 17, 2013

Memories Of Falls Past 4

Rushing Into Fall, Blue Ridge Parkway, NC  -  2010
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I caught a little flak for this one when I first posted it 3 years ago - taking unnecessary risks for a photo, endangering lives on the highway, etc. Actually, I'm hardly the risk taker that some make me out to be. I was on the BRP early in the morning, when there was little or no traffic. I was leaf-looking, so I was doing maybe 30 mph. (Yeah, I'm THAT guy, the one who drives slow on the parkway to enjoy the scenery. Get over it. If you're in a hurry, get back on I-40.) I was holding the camera on the steering wheel, shooting at random, un-aimed, with a slower shutter speed (1/4 sec.) to get the blur. I didn't cause any carnage, and I got one interesting photo out of about 20 shots. Yeah, I was a real daredevil that day.

1 comment: