Sunday, February 3, 2013

One Year

Yellow Rose For Mom
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

It was one year ago today that my mother passed from this life. She died peacefully in her sleep after a long battle with lung disease. It's hard to believe it's been a year already. Several times during the past year I wanted to pick up the phone to call her and tell her about something that was going on in my life, only to quickly remember she's not with us any more. Those are the times I miss her the most.

A yellow rose was her favorite flower. She had a yellow rose bush growing just off the steps of the deck in her back yard. That particular bush started as a cutting from a yellow rose bush that belonged to her mother, so she was especially proud of it. The yellow rose bud above is one I photographed locally, and made into a card for her one Mother 's Day. It was the most fitting photo I could think of to remember her today.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute John.
    It doesn't seem possible that it has been a year.
    Wanting to pick up the phone and calling doesn't seem to go away for me either. It will be 18 years since my Mom passed and I still think I should call her and tell her the latest thing happening.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete