Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Love BBQ!

BARBQUE Sign, Bryson City, NC  -  2011
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

One of the things I love about living in the North Carolina mountains is the experience of four distinct seasons. Growing up in the New Orleans area, winter was but a brief respite between the heat and humidity that characterized spring, summer, and fall. Here, we get a real winter, but nothing severe. It's certainly nothing like the Boston area experienced this weekend!

Although winters here cannot be considered overly harsh, it's often too cold to enjoy cooking outdoors as I do almost every weekend during the warmer months. Thankfully, there's enough BBQ restaurants in the area to keep me satisfied until it warms up enough for me to cook my own.

I've always been a fan of BBQ, and I've been fascinated by how many varieties there are in different regions of the country. Each area of the country has it's own favorite style, meat, or sauce - I love them all! Pork, beef, chicken, lamb - keep it coming! Sweet sauces, spicy sauces, mustard sauces, or just dry rub - I'm not picky. I don't even care how you like to spell it, just let me have some more 'que!

2 comments:

  1. I love BBQ, too! Since we bought smoker a little over a year and a half ago we have been trying to perfect a BBQ recipe. None of what we have made has been bad, but we still keep trying to make it better.
    And I am pretty sure one of our hobbies is trying out new (to us) bbq joints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection may not be possible, but the experimenting is always fun!

    ReplyDelete