Friday, June 21, 2013

Tattoo You? No Thanks.

Empire Tattoo, Asheville, NC  -  2013
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

At my age you start thinking about things you might have done differently if you had a chance for a re-do, at say, age 20. Not that it matters - you'd still make mistakes, just different ones. Life will always have some regrets; it's best to just keep moving forward.

One thing I don't regret is not getting a tattoo. The permanence of tattoos scares me. I can think of many things I did, or wore in my late teens or early twenties that I'm really glad weren't permanent. Trust me, there are things you think are really cool at age 23 that will have you shaking your head ten years later. Be thankful that hair styles and clothing are changeable. I wonder about the people I see with tattoos covering their arms, legs, or neck in their early twenties - will they still think it was such a great idea when they hit 40? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment