Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Virtual Photo Albums

Lone Tree, Cherokee County, NC  -  2005
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

In the old days (pre-digital photography), we kept some photos in albums, but many remained in the envelopes from whatever photo processor we used. This made it hard to find specific photos, and the rest were largely forgotten.

Today, we have it much easier. Using any one of the scores of image viewing and sorting programs available, we can easily find and view our photos. My favorite is FastStone Image Viewer (http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm), a program I have used for several years now. It's great for doing initial sorting and editing after I download from my camera to my computer. It also has some pretty good editing tools to make adjustments to your photos if you don't have a program like Photoshop. And one other great feature: it's FREE!

While scrolling through my photos with FastStone, I came across the photo above that I made back in 2005. It's one of my favorites, so I chose to post it today. In my pre-digital days, this one may have been forgotten, tucked away in an envelope in a drawer somewhere. Today, I can find it easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment