Monday, June 13, 2016

Front Porch Photography

Hen and Chick, Canton, NC  -  2016
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I spent most of Sunday afternoon on my front porch reading. It was warm and breezy, and I wasn't in the mood to do anything more than just relax. I was flipping through some photography books that I hadn't looked at in quite a while when I came across some close up cactus photos. It was then that I spied my wife's Hen and Chick plants on the other end of the porch. My little point and shoot Lumix was just inside the front door, so I decided to try some close ups of my own.

The whole point of a point and shoot camera is simplicity. Not wanting to complicate things with a tripod, I braced the camera on the porch rail, and with the camera set to macro mode, I tried my hand at some plant portraits. I thought this one wasn't to shabby for a lowly point and shoot at ISO 400, braced on a porch rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment