Friday, June 3, 2016

Calla Lilies

First One, Canton, NC  -  2016
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I saw my first Calla Lilies several years ago on the campus of Haywood Community College, and they immediately became one of my favorite flowers to photograph. The folds and curves of this species give the photographer something different and beautiful from every angle. Knowing my fascination with this flower, my wife planted some for me in her flower garden. This one is the first bloom for this year.

I don't often discuss gear on this blog, but I feel I have to mention that this photo was made with the little Lumix point and shoot that I bought last December. Although it has some limitations and cannot completely replace my DSLRs, I continue to be amazed at the quality of photo I have been able to produce with this little camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment