Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Little Too Big For Me

Mansions At Sunset, Chareleston, SC  -  2012
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

There are many large old homes to see in Charleston, especially in the Battery area. They are beautiful to look at, and their history is fascinating to me. Most pre-date the Civil War, and some go back as far as colonial days. We got to tour a couple of these old homes, and the interiors are as amazing as the exterior architecture.

I guess we've all thought about what it would be like to live in a mansion like these. Having lived in smaller homes all my life, I wonder if I could really get used to living in a house that large and opulent. Would it really feel like home? Given the choice, I think I would prefer something somewhat smaller and cozier. The large porches can stay, however, so I can enjoy those ocean breezes!

1 comment:

  1. A house, big or small, becomes a home when the people you love are in it.
    Love to look at the old stately mansions. They do have a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete