Monday, October 10, 2016

Shifting Moods

Ferns On Stone Wall, Haywood County, NC  -  2016
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

Autumn is usually associated with color photography for obvious reasons. In my area, we had an extremely warm September, and only in the last week or so have we begun to experience more fall-like temperatures. Our trees are still mostly green, with only a hint of color here and there. The fall leaf show is still a couple of weeks away.

Maybe that's why I've been in more of a black and white mood lately. I know the explosion of color is soon to come, and maybe, subconsciously, I don't want to burn out on color too early. When I saw these very green ferns growing out of a stone wall, I immediately started thinking of how this shot would look in black and white. Don't ask me why. Earlier in the summer I probably would have been thinking color. Who can explain our moods?

No comments:

Post a Comment