Sunday, October 9, 2016

I'm Proud

Determination, Bethel, NC  -  2016
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

My oldest daughter, Heather, ran in her first half marathon yesterday morning. She just got interested in running again less than a year ago, so I was a little surprised that she was ready to take on an event like this so soon. "13.1 miles over hilly terrain! Is she nuts?"

The weather Saturday morning was cool and rainy. On top of that, Heather was beginning to experience the symptoms of a head cold. It would have been easy for her to find an excuse to bail out and attempt this another time, but Heather was determined to compete and finish the event. And she did. She finished with a time of 2:10:09. I was proud of her determination, and impressed with her athletic accomplishment.

Of course, I brought my camera to the race. I got some of the standard shots before, during, and after the event, but I wanted to create something more than just a snapshot of Heather running. I wanted to depict her determination, her resolve to complete the course. I chose to work with this one of her running alone, continuing on, fueled by her own tenacity. Yeah, you could say I'm a proud Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment