Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Walkabout

Crocodile Dundee introduced the term walkabout to the American lexicon back in 1986. The Urban Dictionary describes a walkabout in their interesting style:

Background: Australian. Given to us by Crocodile Dundee: A spontaneous journey through the wilderness of one's choosing in an effort to satisfy one's itchy feet, a need to be elsewhere, the craving for the open road, that space over the horizon ... yes ... something like that ... you can't quite touch it, so you have to go find it, because it's, you know, it's there ... Or maybe it feels good to go walking around ... wink: Yeah. It's a WALKABOUT.

That's what I need occasionally, a walkabout with my camera. It may be in the wilderness of our mountains, or the wilderness of Asheville. Last Sunday I chose Asheville, and I went to see what there was to see. I went first to the abandoned warehouses on Riverside Drive to see what the graffiti artists have been up to. Then I roamed around downtown for a bit. Here is some of what I found. (Click on photos to enlarge.)













No comments:

Post a Comment