Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Hot Time At Folkmoot

Whirling Dancer, Waynesville, NC  -  2013
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

It's July, and that means Folkmoot is just around the corner. This year's festival of dance will take place July 21-31, 2016. That's right, Folkmoot is in the middle of the most miserably hot and humid part of our summer. I love the dancers, love the costumes, dread the heat. At last year's Festival Day, I bailed around noon. It just couldn't take it any more.

As I drove home last year, I thought, "This might be last visit to Folkmoot. With this heat, it's just not worth going any more." That was a year ago, and now I'm thinking, "Well, maybe I'll try it again. Maybe it will be overcast and cooler." The possibility of capturing a good picture or two sometimes leads me to do strange and uncomfortable things.

No comments:

Post a Comment