Sunday, September 20, 2015

Buskers

Clarinet Girl, Asheville, NC  -  2015
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

Having grown up in the New Orleans area, I've seen plenty of street musicians and dancers. It wasn't until I moved to North Carolina, however, that I heard them referred to as "buskers". A busker, I learned after finding a dictionary, is simply someone who performs in public places for donations. Whatever you want to call them, I like listening to them and photographing them.

I found this young woman "busking" in front of the Mast General Store one Sunday afternoon last June. I remember it was hot downtown that day, and I didn't wander around too long because of the heat. Now that the temps have moderated somewhat, I want to go back looking for more buskers to photograph. Of course that will only be on Sundays when my Saints aren't on local TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment