Sunday, April 12, 2015

Getting Ready

I can't believe that it's been almost a month since I posted anything to this blog. I guess I've been too busy with other obligations at work and around the house. Now that spring is finally here (for good, I hope), I'm getting the itch to get back out there with my camera.

To get me in the mood, I went back and looked at some photos from a springtime visit to Charelston a couple of years ago. We're planning a short trip to another great southern city in the near future (details later), so I need to get back into a "seeing photographically" frame of mind. Looking at my photos, and ones shot by others of the city we intend to visit have gotten me pumped up and ready to hit the road!

The photo below is the Porter's Lodge at The College of Charleston. Constructed in 1850, this was the home of the College's porter, or custodian. Pretty nice crib for a custodian! Today, the building houses several faculty offices, so I guess now the custodians have to find accommodations elsewhere. The Greek inscription on the center arch translates as "Know thyself". I used an antique effect in Silver Effects Pro to get this look.

Porter's Lodge, Charleston, SC  -  2012
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment