Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Looking For Images

Bust In A Window, Asheville, NC  -  2015
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

Sometimes when I go out with my camera, I have a specific target in mind. I may be hiking to find a particular waterfall, or traveling  to see a certain monument or building. Other times, however, I'm just roaming around, waiting for something interesting to catch my eye. I may walk for blocks without lifting my camera to my eye once, and then, there it is!

I saw this bust in a window of a sculpture studio. It sat on a glass shelf, several feet above the sidewalk, almost appearing to float in the window. The sun reflecting off the edge of the glass shelf, and the reflections of surrounding buildings in the glass of the window added a surreal aspect to the image. The image was already set up for me; all I had to do was compose and shoot. I could never have anticipated or planned a shot like this. Sometimes you have to just keep walking until you find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment