Friday, April 19, 2013

"It Don't Come Easy"

Will Work 4 Food, Charleston, SC  -  2013
(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I'm always reminded of the title of that Ringo Starr hit from 1971 whenever I try to make candid photos of people on the street. I've always appreciated good street photography, but it sure don't come easy for me.

On our latest trip to Charleston, I had intended to make more photos of local people and interesting characters, whether locals or tourists. I got a few OK shots, such as this street musician above, but street photography does not come natural to me. I'm very self-conscious of photographing strangers, and I always imagine that they will think the worse if they see me pointing my camera their way. Actually, in a tourist city like Charleston, cameras are everywhere, so most of the time they are probably not even noticed. Still, I struggle with this. Subjects like waterfalls and old barns are more my speed, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment